THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Cooking is not in my gene...









Pictures of the restaurant...











I love cooking,but just never got good at it. My mom is a very good cook,but somehow I didn't get that from her...hee.People would always assume
that I must be good at cooking since my family owns a restaurant,but they're wrong...haha :p

I haven't cooked once after we moved here
.My mom cooks for us most of the time.Sometimes if she doesn't feel like cooking,we'll either eat in our restaurant or eat out.

Running a restaurant in Taiwan is not easy be
cause there are so many competitions(so many restaurants everywhere you go) and Taiwanese people are very picky about what that eat. My dad just fired the whole staff of chefs in September and they'd only worked in our restaurant for one month. I guess they were doing kind of bad and our restaurant had fewer customers coming to eat. Later,he hired new chefs and they're really good at what they do. You can easily lose your customers but so difficult to bring them back.

Our restaurant sells Dim Sum (Hong Kong appetizers) now. They are all made fresh every day!!! The chef is a Taiwanese but he makes very authentic Hong Kong Dim Sum. Yummy!

This is my lunch yesterday in our cafe. My favorite spaghetti with calamari(a little bit spicy but so yummy...) : )

4 comments:

Jerin said...

Mmmmm, that food looks good. It sure was delicious when we ate there in March.

We're your regular customers. We'll go there every time we're in the neighborhood. Too bad that's not that often.

Christine said...

That food looks so tasty. Steve and I may have to come visit just to try it, and see you guys of course!

Anonymous said...

Yummy!...Do you realized how lucky you are? I wish that I don't have to cook everyday. Last week, we brought some frozen dinner to try it out and see if that will make my life easier, but, guess not, now I have to finish them all and still don't have any idea of what to eat for the next meal time. I'm running out of ideas, help...!

Wami said...

Wow, the food looks delicious!! We'll tell our parents to go to your restaurant when there are in town!

When we went there last May, I couldn't enjoy eating much because I was taking care of little Taisei. So, I want to go there again next time we go to Taiwan!

I understand about the restaurant issues because my dad runs a restaurant in Japan, too.